Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Monster Aloe Vera, Truck Rides & Possessive Daughters

First off, the Aloe Vera plants here are huge! And they grow everywhere! It's not uncommon for them to be bigger than me! Don't believe me? Well, don't worry cause I took pictures!



Second, I really love riding in the back of trucks here. It's so fun! Even if you are zooming down dirt roads in the Andes. It's kinda dangerous, but definitely an experience to remember!





Most people stare at us wherever we go, cause how often do you see a group of gringos wandering around? Cajarmarca isn't really a touristy place, so it's not very common to see white people. But, holy cow! You wouldn't imagine how many stares we got when we drove back into the main city in the back of a truck. It was was pretty funny! I guess people don't see a truck full of gringas very often! haha

Usually at the health screenings, little kids like to watch me prick fingers for the blood glucose test. Most of the time they will either just quietly watch, or they will make funny noises when they see the prick. But, yesterday, a little girl did something that none of the kids have done before. I would guess that she was around two years old. She was sitting in her mom's lap while I was working on her mom. She was kinda apprehensive in the first place, which isn't unusual. But, once I pricked her mom's finger, she began to cry a little. Then she grabbed her mom's arm and pulled it away from me. It was so cute to see how she cared for her mom! She really didn't not wanting me hurting her mom. It was adorable. But she really hated me after that! haha I'm kinda used to it, though. Not many people like me after I make them bleed. But someone has to do it. :) It's for a good purpose. These mothers need to be aware of their health and how it can impact them, and their families. I love these mamas. They are some of the strongest women I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment