Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Santo Hogar

So the last few days have been pretty chill around here. And I haven't been very good at taking pictures either. Sorry! So this post is going to be pretty short.

This morning I sat on the roof of our house to watch the sunrise. It is seriously so beautiful here! I just can't get enough of it!


This afternoon, we went to a place called Santo Hogar. It is a place for kids with special needs. That has definitely been my favorite part of being here so far. Today we just spent our time playing with them and getting to know them. Eventually, the plan is to help them out with any exercises and therapy that they need. Those kids are adorable! And they are so happy! It really made me realize that I don't need much in the way of material things to be happy. These kids have so little, and some come from some very hard backgrounds, but they are happy. I just love those kids. 

One thing about people here in Cajamarca, it's really hard to tell how old people are. Because the people are so malnourished, it stunts their growth. I met a kid who was eleven years old, but he looks around seven or eight years old. A lot of the kids are this way. It just breaks my heart to see it. I am so fortunate to live in America where all of my basic needs are easily accessible. 

In other news, our water has been out for most of the day. We're not sure why. So, currently, our two toilets don't flush, and one sink has water sometimes. Hopefully, it will be back on tomorrow.

Well, I believe that is it for this post! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment