Sunday, May 29, 2016

Adventures and Pig Intestines!

When we're not working on projects, we like to go exploring! Recently, we went to a place called Santa Apolonia. It's really cool! At the very top, there's a look out point where you can see all of Cajamarca. The view is breathtaking!


I can't remember if I have really explained Cajamarca or not. Cajamarca is in the Andes at about 8,900 ft. in elevation. The cool part, though, is that it's kinda in a little valley. So wherever you look, there are mountains in the background. The clouds hang pretty low around the mountains, so it looks like you're in heaven. When we flew in, we had to fly through a layer of clouds. It was so cool!

Anyways, in Santa Apolonia, once you hike down from the look out point, there are tons of historical things. I really liked the little stone houses. But don't go in them, they smell nasty in there! haha


I didn't take a picture of the church, but there is a really pretty church on the hill in Santa Apolonia. There are really cool stairs that lead up to it. They kinda zig zag back and forth up to the top. On the stairs there are lots of vendors. Some of them are pretty persistent, and tell you to come over to look at their stuff. I don't really like those ones. haha So I didn't buy anything.

On Saturday, after doing some visits with Camina Conmigo, we went hiking! We saw some pretty cool waterfalls! But, I forgot to take my camera with me that day, so I don't have any pictures. Sorry. But I had so much fun climbing everywhere on the rocks! Ah! Peru is so beautiful! 

After we went hiking, we stopped at this adorable open air restaurant. I ordered something called frito, cause it was the cheapest. All I knew was that frito meant fried. Fried what, you ask? Yeah I had no idea! haha I ended up getting potatoes and fried pig intestines. Surprisingly, it was pretty good! A little chewy, okay, really chewy! But it was kinda sweet too. I liked it enough that I ate all of it! haha So I was pretty proud of that! 

Tomorrow we are looking into going to Cumbemayo! I'm not exactly sure what it is yet, but I will let you know if we go! Until tomorrow, hasta luego! 

No comments:

Post a Comment