Thursday, May 12, 2016

I made it to Peru!!

I am finally in Cajamarca, Peru!! Woooo! It still doesn't quite feel real, yet. It feels like I'm going to wake up, and none of this will have actually happened.

But, first thing first. Cajamarca is so beautiful! Holy cow! There are cows and fields everywhere. I love it! It reminds me of home a bit. I can smell the cows from my house, and it's wonderful! 

And second, Inca Kola is amazing! It tastes like bubble gum mixed with a pineapple Jarritos! So flippin' good! (Ps-Jarritos is a Mexican soda that is amazing!) On my plane to Cajamarca, I experienced keke and habas. I really liked both! Favorite airplane snacks I've ever had! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but keke is like a thick cake made of eggs and other stuff. I'm not sure what other stuff, but it's really good. And habas are a type of bean that is fried in oil until it splits. Then it is salted. Habas reminds me of chicharrones (fried pork rinds), but with a more peanut buttery taste.

Well, I am exhausted, but so excited to get started on this adventure! We haven't done much in Cajamarca, yet. But, tomorrow the fun begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment