Monday, July 2, 2018

Chili vs Chile

I realized when I got home last week on Preparation Day that I said that my companion is from Chili. That's the food, not the country haha. She's from Chile hahaha. She is so much fun! We are literally just working so hard and it is so much fun!

My mission president and his wife finished their mission this last week. Now we have President Galli and his wife! We will be meeting them this Friday at a conference! I am so stinkin excited!! Also, we officially now have some areas of the Malaga Mission in our mission. Woooo!

I realized something the other day that changed my life. I have always had a bit of a hard time grasping the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love studying medical stuff, and so it has been always been more difficult for me to understand how Jesus Christ paid for all of our sins and felt every saddness, trial and hardship that we have. I have always struggled with that a bit. I have always had a testimony, because I can feel the Spirit confirm to me that it is true, and that it actually happened, but the physical idea part of it was harder for me to understand. Then I was reading a talk, and it talked about empathy. Empathy is the ability to put yourself in another person's situation and feel what they feel. I had always been telling people that Christ has felt everything that we have, and so I realized that that is empathy. Everything just made so much more sense after that.

The mission is just so wonderful. Holy cow. I don't want it to end. God is blessing us so much right now. I have never been able to teach so many families and people all at once. Wow. I love working with them and going through their struggles with them. I don't think that I have ever cried so much before. I love them all so much! And when they hurt, I hurt. God is so good. Wow. I love Him so much. I have learned to work hard and wait. God doesn't always bless us immediately, because otherwise we don't learn.

I love you all so much! Enjoy the summer! Eat watermelon! Also, Happy Fourth of July to you Americans out there!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- All of the clothes stores are starting their summer sales called rebajas. It's so fun!! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment