Monday, July 9, 2018

Blood Sausages

Our new mission president and his wife are the best!!! President and Hermana Galli! Wow they are so inspiring! They are also super quirky and funny! I wish so badly that I could stay longer just to be taught by them. Also, Hermana Galli is considerably taller than President Galli, and it just describes their personalities perfectly hahaha. But wow, they are exactly what our mission needs right now. President Galli served his mission in Southern Spain, so that's super exciting! And Hermana Galli also speaks Spanish. The welcome conference that we had with them was amazing!!!!

The biggest thing that I learned this week was to do things intentionally. Be purposeful in every action. Don't do things half-way or half-hearted. If you are going to do something, don't waste your time and kind of do it. Do it well and completely. That is how Christ was. Everything He did, He did intentionally and with a purpose. He was so steady in everything that He did. He had perfect control of situations, because He had perfect control of Himself. My spirit needs to be in control of my body and my mind, not the other way around. I love the quote that goes something like, "We are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spirits having a human experience." The time on the earth is not forever. We are here to learn and to progress. We need to feed our spirits uplifting things continously.

I tried to make Papa a la Huacaina (Peruvian dish) last week, and let's just say that I kind of failed hahaha. But! It was just an adventure running around everywhere trying to find a certain kind of yellow pepper called ahí. We ended up in this African store, and we are obviously not African haha. Everyone was just staring at us haha. But hey, we are missionaries, so people literally just stare at us all of the time haha.

I want all of you to have the most wonderful week ever! If school is starting soon, good luck and study lots! I'll talk to you all next week! I love you!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- A member gave me a package of blood sausages at church yesterday. I think it's called morcillo. I love Spain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment