Monday, July 16, 2018

African dancing

So many things to tell this week! First. Yesterday we were out walking the beautiful streets of Spain, and it started to rain a little bit. You honestly never know when it is going to rain in Vitoria. But when it rains, it pours. So we were like, "Oh no." So we starting frantically walking around looking for cover, because we were far away from any bus stops and stuff. So we find this building that has the main door open, but we just decide to stand under the entrance that is only like 1 foot deep. I was on google maps looking fornsome sort of refuge, and all of the sudden the rain really starts coming down and there is a ton of lightning. I was about to suggest to my companion that we should just hang out in the lobby of the building and wait, but then this woman comes up behind us and shuts the door AND locks it with a key. That was sad. But then it started to hail. Fun fact: we didn't have umbrellas and I was in my sandals because it was literally so hot. So then the hail started gettting bigger. Until it was a downpour of hail the size of nickles and quarters. My companion was trying to protect herself with her tablet, and I got pelted a few times on my head and hands, etc. I put my glasses in my bag cause I was worried that they would break. Of course, everyone was looking out their windows to see the storm and two girls squealing/trying to hide under a 1 foot porch thing. And then everyone closed their shutters to protect their windows haha. We were half laughing, but kinda sad, because no one helped us, and the hail really hurt. After probably 20 minutes or so, the relief president called us and invited us over to dinner so we could dry off. I will admit, I teared up a bit. It felt so nice to be loved. Tender mercies :) So we waited for it to stop, and then we made our way over to her house. But there was so much rain that many of the streets werr closed because of flooding and the storm drains were so backed up that they were spitting water everywhere. It was a crazy day!

On Saturday our ward had a cultural party and a talent show. My companion and I borrowed some African dresses and did an African dance! The ward literally flipped out watching am American and a Chilean doing an African dance haha. It was soooo muvh fun! So we decided to wear the dresses to church. Such a bit hit! Haha

I realize more and more everyday how important faith is. There have been times when I have felt that I have nothing left to give, but then Christ steps in and gives me more strength and energy. It's hard to explain unless you have experienced it. But it is such an incredible and empowering feeling. I love it :)

I was also in Barcelona again last week for a meeting. Since I go home soonish, I gave a little thing in the meeting called "Lo que el Señor me ha enseñado" (what the Lord has taught me). I basically just cried.

I hope you all have a beautiful week! Please be good!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- I am still convinced that people are mostly good. I see way more examples of good than bad. People are good :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment