Monday, April 30, 2018

Peanut Butter Birthday Crab

Well well well. Here I am again! I am convinced that on Saturday I had the BEST meal that I have ever had on my mission! I can't remember what it is called, but it is an African dish. We had crab and shrimp cooked in a peanutbutter sauce. I know that it sounds weird, but it was sooooo good!!! We have been teaching a woman from Africa since January, and she is just waiting to get married so that she can be baptized. But since it was my birthday on Saturday, they wanted to make us something special. A traditional dish from their country, Equatorial Guinea. It took a couple hours to make, but my goodness gracious it was so flippin good!! Also, it was my first time eating crab, so that was fun! They taught us how to bite the legs and suck out the meat hehehehe. I discovered that I really like crab! Who knew?

So we are teaching a 23 year-old kid from Mexico! His girlfriend is actually a missionary in Brazil! She was the one who gave us his information :) He really wants to be baptized and be a member, but he really wants to make sure that he is doing it for himself, and not for anyone else. By the time we got to meet with him for the first time, he had been coming to church at a different time all by himself since November! And he has read about half of the Book of Mormon already. He is doing so well! I love the lessons that we have with him. His questions are so good!

I was thinking the other day, and in these past 3 months or so, I don't think I have ever learned so much in my entire life. I have been learning so much about the Gospel and about life in general. I literally can do anything that I want to in this life because I am a divine daughter of God and I have the help of Christ. I can do hard things and achieve! We all can! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of progression! It is not an idle gospel. It is meant to push us and help us become better people. The end goal is to have everything that God has, which includes being like Him! Which is perfection!

Anyways, I hope you all have the most wonderful week! Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! I love you all so much! Remember that God loves you!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- The bishop's wife made me some arroz chaufa for my birthday. I was quite the happy camper :) hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment