Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sant Jordi-Round 2

I know that last year I talked about a holiday in Catalunya called Sant Jordi. I didn't really think much about the fact that I would be in Catalunya a year later to celebrate it again! So basically the story is about how a prince named Jordi killed a dragon to save a princess, and the dragon's blood turned into roses. So he gave the princess the roses. This is basically the Catalunya version of Valentine's Day. Everyone is selling roses everywhere, cause the men give the women roses. But also, in return, the women give men books. Not sure where the book thing came in. But whatever. So we set up a booth and gave out Books of Mormon! We also did that last year, but this year we were only able to be there for about an hour or so. We had a lot of teaching visits that day. I enjoyed Sant Jordi a lot more this year cause I can actually speak Spanish now, and it is so fun to be in Barcelona!!! Over the weekend, the street in front of our apartment was closed off. There were parades and carnival booths complete with a trampoline thing! In the parade, they had these huge giants depicting different characters in the Sant Jordi legend with a bunch of Catalan music.

Later that day, we had an appointment to meet with a Spaniard. We had never met him before, but some other missionaries sent us his info. The teaching appointment was amazing!!! He really wants to learn and is looking for the Church of Jesus Christ. But a few hours later he messaged us saying that he thinks it would be better if the Elders taught him because he was pretty sure that our parents wouldn't be happy if they knew we were meeting with a middle-aged man hahahahaha. He has no idea that we meet and talk with strangers literally all day everyday hahahaha. We just thought that it was funny. But he wants to be taught by the Elders, so we passed him over to them :)

I think this week I learned the importance of time management. Literally every minute can be used wisely. I'm not sure where all this extra energy I have lately is coming from, but I love it! We are getting so much done here and we are loving it!! But, I am definitely not forgetting to enjoy myself here either. I just realized... I said last week that I would talk about a Spanish woman we were going to help take to the hospital. I guess that will have to wait for next week. I don't want this to get too long. I love you all so much! You can succeed in anything if you really put your mind to it! This week we have been asking ourselves, "What would you do if you knew that you could not fail?" Then we have been working on doing it! Again, I love you all so much! Be good!

-Hermana Clark :)

ps- My companion and I planned a giant scavenger hunt for about 28 missionaries in the Barcelona zone today in Las Ramblas. It was sooooo fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment