Tuesday, May 8, 2018

I was scared

We got on the metro the other night, and there was a man sitting on the floor. I instantly noticed the syringe that he was holding. We went and sat down with a man that we are teaching. I looked at him closer and he had blood running down his arm from different spots where he had been injecting himself. Then he dropped his syringe got up from the floor and kind of starting walking around. He was twitching a lot and mumbling nonsense. There have been a few times on my mission when I have been scared, but I was really scared this time. Not necessarily because I was worried that he was going to hurt us or anything, it was just scary. I have never been that close to drugs ever in my life. I mean, I see and smell marijuana all the time and stuff, but this was really intense. It was not a movie. It was real life. People really do struggle with drug addictions. Satan is very real. Life is very hard. It made me think, if I have potential to do good I want to do it. I want to grow and use my potential. I am capable of contributing to this world. I don't want to waste my talents.

Another story. We were walking home the other day, and suddenly we noticed that someone was singing opera. We peeked around the corner and there was a lady standing in the entrance of a little shop singing opera. Really random things happen here all of the time, so we weren't too surprised. So we just kept walking, and around another corner there was another lady singing in the entrance of a different shop! You never know what it going to happen in Barcelona! Especially in the summer, because there are so many tourists. There are lots of street shows and things like that.

I really just love the gospel. So much. It really has become my life since being on the mission. I mean, I went to Church before, but I can't say that I really loved the gospel as much as I do know. It is a part of me. The gospel is perfect. Man is not. God is perfect. Man is not. Our purpose in being here on the earth is to progress. To aim for perfection. Trusting God can be scary sometimes, because I can only see so far ahead, but I know that it is right. I realized at the end of the day yesterday that I have exactly 3 months left until I go home. I really just want to work so hard. I want to learn more than I ever have. I love Jesus Christ. I know that He is my Savior. And He's your's too. He loves you :)

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- I get to be companions with my "baby" for the night today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment