Monday, May 28, 2018

Running of the Bulls

This week I had the opportunity to travel to Pamplona! That is where they do the traditional running of the bulls. It is so beautiful over there! I really feel like I am getting to see so much of Spain now. I love traveling! I love adventures! But seriously, I loved being able to spend a day in Pamplona. Might have been my only chance in my whole life.

Lately I have been learning a lot about how important our thoughts are. Every single thought we have either builds us up, or brings us down. Every single one. Everything you do starts in your mind. If you think that you can't get good grades, you will not get good grades. If you think that you aren't good enough to make the soccer team, you will perform poorly and won't make the team. If you think that you aren't smart enough, or pretty enough, or handsome enough, your self confidence will go down. I read a talk/article from an Olympic coach. He trains his athletes to talk back to their thoughts. Every single one. Talk positively to yourself! The way to talk to yourself matters! God wants us to be happy! He has put us here on this earth to be successful and has given us every opportunity to do so! We were not put on this earth to just try to be "good enough" and do the bare minimum just so we can avoid going to hell. We are here to succeed! And to do so gloriously! Every trial that we have in this life is really an opportunity to grow and learn how to react. Every single trial is a chance. Be kind to youself during those trials and be positive! Talking back to yourself might sound a little strange and only be advice for people who are "struggling", but it is what has made the difference between athletes and Olympians. And let's be honest, everyone is struggling to some degree or another. God will always help us. Christ knows exactly how we feel. I know that Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsamane and felt every single hardship, pain, sadness, and trial that we have ever had. I don't know how exactly, but I know that He has done it. Because I have felt His overwhelming love for me. I feel it every time I pray.

I hope you all have the most wonderful week ever!! Be happy! Work hard! Remember that God loves you! And so do I! :)

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- Next week I will only be in my area of Vitoria for a couple of days. Sunday after church I will either be flying or taking a train down to Barcelona for a meeting on Monday. Tuesday evening I will be getting back to Vitoria. Wednesday is my preparation day. Thursday I will be in Bilbao for a women's conference. Friday I will still be in Bilbao for another conference. And Saturday I will be back in Vitoria for my final interview with President Dayton. Crazy week coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment