Monday, May 21, 2018

Antoniareneko ibilbidea

It rains so much here in Vitoria. Wow. I had no idea haha. I am really loving it, though. Everything is so green here!! There are sooo many trees and flowers and everything is just so pretty! I am in heaven!!! You can see the stars at night, I heard a bunch of crickets yesterday, and this morning I woke up to the sound of someone mowing the lawn. So of course, I opened the window to smell the freshly cut grass. It was perfect, because it has literally been so long since I have smelled cut grass, until a bee flew into our apartment. My companion is allergic to bees. But luckily, with the help of a broom, the bee flew back outside.

So before, when I was in Hospitalet and Barcelona, I was in the part of Spain called Catalunya. There they have their own language called Catalan. And when I was in Valencia, I was in the part of Spain called Valencian Community. There they speak Valenciano. Now here in Vitoria, I am in Basque Country. Here they speak a language called Basque, or Euskera (Basque translated into Spanish). Basque is literally impossible to understand. All of the streets are in Basque. For example, there is a street named Zabalateko gazteluaren kalea. It looks like I made that up, but I did not haha. All of the words are ridiculously long. I think that kelea means street, but I am not sure...

The Spaniards here are different than in my other areas. They are not all warm and fuzzy that's for sure haha. But I have decided that I am going to go everything possible to love them as much as I can. I gave so many besos (kisses) to the women yesterday that my foundation on my cheeks rubbed off haha. I am so happy to be serving the people here in Vitoria!! Basically everyone here is Spaniard, African, or Colombian.

Well, I think I have spent enough time describing the area. Everything here is wonderful! We are working so hard! There is nothing better than flopping down on your bed after a hard day's work! Our mission president has a new slogan going on called D.B.A.W. It means "Don't be a wimp". We are here to work hard! The Kingdom of God or nothing!

I love you all! Work hard! Get things done!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- There is a missionary named Elder Barlow in my district. We went to high school together!

No comments:

Post a Comment