Monday, March 27, 2017

My first area is.....

Hey everyone!

Well, I'm officially in my mission now! We woke up at 4:45am on Tuesday morning to take a bullet train to the Mission Office in Barcelona. It took us just about 3 hours to get to Barcelona. I just love Spain! It is so beautiful! After the train, President and Sister Dayton came and picked up us 8 missionaries at the station. Then they took us to a castle! I believe it's called Castle Montjüic (not sure how to spell that). It was amazing! So beautiful! Then we went to the Mission Home to have trainings, interviews, and dinner. Fun fact: there are 5 missionaries in the Barcelona Mission (including me) that I went to high school with at Fremont. Silverwolves, way to represent! ;) haha Anyway, after dinner, I was picked up by Hermana Pratt to stay the night with her in Badalona. She didn't waste anytime putting me to work! We went contacting and taught a lesson.

After I stayed the night with Hermana Pratt, she took me back to the Mission Office so I could be assigned to my first area and get my trainer! All the new missionaries and trainers had lunch together, another training together, and then we were assigned! My companion is Hermana Anderson from Layton, Utah! She is so wonderful! I just love her! And my first area is Hospitalet!! I just love it here!!! This work is amazing!! We do a lot of street contacting and knocking doors, and we teach a lot of lessons too.

Right now it feels pretty cold in Hospitalet, mostly just because of the humidity. Oh, and it rained BUCKETS on Friday. Hermana Anderson and I just died laughing because we were so soaked! We must have looked so funny running through the streets in skirts in the pouring rain trying to get home at night haha! But I really love it here! I have never been busier, but I have never been happier! I just love teaching people about the gospel, even though we get rejected a lot. But it's okay! I really just love the people of Spain! Until next time, nos vemos!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- A guy tried pickpocketing me on my first night on the metro...
Pss- The picture is of me on our little balcony with the pouring rain behind me

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hermana Clark, How wonderful it was to hear from you, to read about your amazing adventure and feel your testimony. I was interested to know about your four other friends from Fremont. I wonder if I know [maybe I taught] some of them. What a surprize...YOU REALLY WENT TO A REAL CASTLE/[That's the only way I have to make a question mark, exclamation mark, etc. So I'll just put this ''/'' and you can decide what goes there.] I am sooo excited for you/ [See how that [''/''] works/ I am looking forward to seeing pictures. You ARE already a GREAT missionary. I look forward to your next installment on your Missionary Adventure/ I love you. OH/ HEY/ So does the Lord/ Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. This castle, Castell de Montjuïc, was made in 1640 to fight against the Castilians. Also, is the place where the Spanish Fascist dictator Franco, assessinated the Catalan president, Lluís Companys, in 1940. This was not a castle like Disney. For many people, this is a very sad place. It was made to defend the Catalan capital city, Barcelona. Welcome to Catalonia, not Spain.

    ReplyDelete