Thursday, March 2, 2017

I'm in Spain!!


Oh my goodness!! I can't believe that I am actually in Madrid! I've been here for a little over a week now. It's actually been pretty cold here. It snowed last week. We get to leave the MTC pretty often. Mostly to run errands or go play futbol or something. So that's really nice! Also, playing soccer with Brazilians is terrifying haha!

I love the food here so far. I had salmon for the first time the other day, and it was good! I've had fish fairly often since being here, and it's pretty good. Later today we are going out for churros and chocolate. I'm sooooo excited for that!! It will be awesome!!

Learning Spanish has been going pretty well so far. My brain is so confused though haha. I can understand pretty much everything everyone at the MTC says, but we will see how much I can understand once I talk to people in the "real world" haha. I can hold conversations pretty okay. My Spanish is really broken, but that's alright.

We get to go to the Madrid Temple every Thursday, so that's really nice. We will be going today after we finish emailing. And the session is in English, but President Packer has challenged us to use Spanish headphones, so that's what I'm going to do :)

I really am loving it here! It's been hard, but soooo good. We teach investigator lessons almost every night, and on Saturdays we go to El Parque Retiro to do contacting. It's a really pretty and big park where we just stop people and talk to them about the Church. It's really hard, but fun. After that we sing in the park.

I really like riding the metro, it's so fast and easy! I wish we had public transporation like that back home. You can get anywhere. Oh, and random fun fact, I've lost weight since being here. So that's cool I guess haha.

Oh, I had to speak in Sacrament meeting on Sunday in Spanish. That was fun! There's another Hermana Clark here, and she translated for me as I was speaking. We actually found out that we're related. She's a descendent of Erza T. Clark as well. Oh, my companion Hermana Johhson and I have been called as the music coordinators. I enjoy that a lot.

Well, I don't have much time left. I will email again next Thursday! I love being here, I love my companion Hermana Johnson, and I love my district!! They are seriously awesome!! Buenas tardes! Nos vemos!

-Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment