Thursday, March 2, 2017

Churros and Chocolate!

y everyone! I've made it to my second p-day! Wooo! I'm still alive! haha I am still loving it here. A little info about the missionaries in my MTC, there are only 42 of us in the whole MTC. Most of us are Spanish learning, but we have a few misionaries that are French speaking and Portuguese speaking. But they are leaving for their missions on Monday. On Tuesday we will be getting Italian and Russian missionaries. I can't wait! It's super cool when we all sing together, because you can hear Spanish, French, and Portuguese all at the same time. You are just hearing so many different languages in Spain all the time though. So many people from so many different countries. I love it! 

Last week on p-day we went to Plaza Sol in Madrid, and we ate churros con chocolate! It's amazing!! So don't worry Brother Roundy, I have churros crossed off my bucket list now! The churros are super good, and the hot chocolate that you dip them in is amazing. The consistency is a little thinner than nutella, but thicker than American hot chocolate.

Last Saturday when we went to El Parque Retiro (the park) my companion was the Hermana Clark! She's also going to Barcelona, and we are both descendents of Erza T. Clark! So that was way cool to be companions with her for a day! We call ourselves Las Clarks haha. She's super sweet though, and says hi to everyone. We came up with a plan when we were contacting, that she would say hi to everyone, and then I would start a conversation. It was funny haha. There was this one group of guys that she said hi to, and they got all excited and asked me for my number. I was just like, "uhhhhh no." hahaha And then they asked to take a picture with me and Hermana Clark, and it was super awkward haha. We took an awkward selfie stick picture, cause we didn't know what to do, and both of our Spanish wasn't good enough to really explain stuff haha. So that was an interesting day haha.

Later today we are going to the Prado Museum, and I am sooooo excited!!! I love that we get to go places in Madrid every p-day!! It's the best!! I will actually get to know Madrid a little bit before I leave to Barcelona. It's awesome!

Well, I need to wrap this up. I am loving my time here in the MTC! It's the best! My testimony has grown soooo much! I love this gospel and how happy it makes me! I have never been busier, but I have never been happier. I just love life :) Until next week!

-Hermana Clark :)

1 comment: