Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Dementia

Yesterday I found a tiny carton of icecream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It was 6 euros, but soooooo worth it. Also, it was Ben & Jerry's. I really enjoyed it. It was like a little nugget of gold. And today one of the elders gave me his french fries. Tender blessings are real. I will admit that it is possible to bribe me with french fries and peanut butter cups.

I was thinking the other day about the human potential to create. We are creative beings. We have so much potential to do good and to be good. I want to create good things. I want to help others. I am really starting to see what God's plan for me is. It comes little by little. But I have to work to see it. We really do do the things in life that we want to do. I am so excited for the future. I have never been so excited before! I just love it! I have so many ideas!

On another note, this week we ate lunch with a woman from our ward who has a bit of dementia. She reminds me so much of a woman I took care of for about 8 months before the mission. Just the little things. The way she pats the dish cloth or repeats herself. The way she leaves her mouth hanging a little open. The way her retorts back a sassy answer. And the way that she loves me even though she has no idea who I am. I have so much love for her. I think I've come to love people even more since being on the mission.

I love Spain. I don't want to leave. But at the same time I miss home. It's an interesting feeling.

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps-I hit my one year mark in Spain. It's going too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment