Monday, February 12, 2018

White Barcelona

A couple of Chileans treated me to some completos for my one year mark last week. I honestly thought that the word "completo" was made up. Completos are basically just over-the-top hotdogs. I thoroughly enjoyed myself by eating three. Speaking of eating, yesterday we got fed three time within 7 hours. One can only eat so much rice in one day. I was very concerned that I was going to throw up. But, good news: I didn't.

We are teaching a man from Gabon who only speaks French and Catalan. I know that the power of the spirit and the Book of Mormon is so real, because we have so many miscomunications. He came to watch a baptism on Saturday, and suddenly in his broken Spanish he asks me when he can get baptized. He loves reading the Book of Mormon and he told us that his little brother suddenly passed away last week. And so he wants to know what happens after we die. We should be meeting with him tomorrow, so I am suuuuper excited for that!

Yesterday we were sitting outside of a bar on the curb. (Restaurants and bars are the same thing here in Spain.) We were just doing some phone calls and sending some whatapp messages. Then a man from inside the bar sneezed really loud. So without thinking, I yelled, "Salud!" Which is the Spanish equivalent of "Bless you". Then the man yelled man, "Gracias!" We died laughing hahahaha. Sometimes I just remember that I am in Spain and so many weird things happen on a daily basis. I will never be able to do this again.

My companion is finishing her mission and goes home in a week. So I will be getting a new companion next week. I'm pretty curious to see who it will be! I hope all is well back home. Oh! I almost forgot! It snowed here in Barcelona on Thursday! Well, to me it was just hail. But all the Spaniards say that it was snow. Stuff was white for about 5 minutes. We were inside planning out our week.

Enjoy your week! Drink some hot chocolate! Have fun watching the Olympics! I personally love watching the pairs figure skating. Be good! Work hard!

-Hermanita Clark :)

Ps- I've kind of been getting into yoga lately. It's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment