Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Somewhere in Time

I totally forgot to mention last week that for my one year mark, my companion woke up at like 4 in the morning, cut out a bunch of paper 1's and taped them on EVERYTHING. Literally everything. My chicken, my toothbrush, my popcorn, etc. We also burned a pair of my tights on the balcony. It was lit.

I just love being a missionary. I really do. I love teaching about Jesus Christ, and then watching people change their lives and draw closer to their Savior. Their countenance changes and they just become happier. I love the mission!!!! Yes, it is hard. I had no idea how hard. But there are a lot of things in life that are harder than the mission. And so I realized that I really want these hard experiences in the mission because they are preparing me for my life after the mission. Everything happens for a reason. God does everything with a purpose. But sometimes, we literally just have to buckle down, hold on, and wait it out. I can't afford to just run away at the first fleeting chance of fear or of failure. I need these hard experiences. They make us better. And God will always help us. Always.

Well, I've gotta run here pretty soon. I will taking out a brand-new, fresh out of the MTC missionary tonight. I love taking out the new missionaries :) They make me happy :) I love you all back home! Be good! Be kind! Be patient!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps-Hey Dad. I'm in the mission office right now, and the song "Somewhere in Time" is playing. Made me think of you. Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment