Tuesday, November 28, 2017

No English Here

I was the only American at the Thanksgiving dinner we had. It made me giggle. There I was, eating turkey, stuffing, brocoli and cheese potato soup (thanks Mom for sending the recipe), and mashed potatoes and gravy. And not a single word was said in English. But I loved it. One of the members here always feeds us Thanksgiving dinner, but always makes a recipe from our moms. The soup was literally just like my mom's. I was a happy camper, that's for darn tootin'.

It was a pretty busy, normal week for us here. We received transfer calls on Saturday and we found out that Hermana Bravo and I are staying together for another transfer! So I will be finishing her training, and then most likely leaving Valencia in six weeks. I was really worried that I was going to leave, because I still feel like there is so much that I need to do here.

What did I learn this week? Hmmm. I think I learned not to give up. Not to give up on people. And not to give up on myself either. We're all human. And we are all so very imperfect. That's just part of the deal that comes with being human. But I will give you a hint as to something that has helped me out during the rough moments. It may sound cliché, but depend upon your Savior. I'm sure that that sounds so cliché that people have stopped reading. Because how in the world can one man who was born from a virgin understand how I am feeling? For that reason, there is something called faith. Keep reading. Try praying. If you are going to tell me that praying in pointless, but haven't actually trying praying yourself, you have no claim. People tell me all the time that I don't actually know what I want in the world because I am a silly, brainwashed girl that hasn't "experimented" with other things in the world. Well, then. You can't tell me that praying and believing in Christ is pointless if you yourself have not tried it either. I have learned for myself that Christ really does know how I feel, because I have tried praying. And it worked. No one can convince me that I did not get the answer that I got. I may not be able to explain it in words very well, because for me it's like trying to explain to some who has never tasted salt what salt tastes like. I have had too many experiences in my life that it has now become completely, totally, and irrefutably impossible to deny that Christ is my Savior.

Anyways, remember to be kind to yourself. Be good. Try praying. Let me know how it goes. Love you!

-Hermana Clark

Ps- I've decided to start a recipe book of all the foods I have learned to make here. I hope my future spouse and children are happy haha

No comments:

Post a Comment