Monday, November 20, 2017

I'm a Gryffindor

I love being here in Spain. I really just love it. So much. I never imagined myself being here. Or on a mission for that matter. Growing up, I just always assumed that I would go to school and get married. That's what everyone told me. Which isn't a bad thing, either. It's funny how life actually ends up going, isn't it?

I am so grateful that I agreed to follow God's plan for me and come to Spain. And I know that there are people out there who say that I was the one who decided to come to Spain, not God. I am sorry to tell you that you are wrong. I know that believing that there is a God may seem completely and totally impossible, and that praying seems weird and pointless. I can't tell you or force you to believe, it's something you have to try for yourself. People tell me that because I was raised in the Church, that I don't really know. But let me tell you that I do know. I can't prove anything to you, because I am not you. The things of God are things that you need to discover for yourself. Or maybe rediscover.

Not to change the subject, but we have been permitted to have facebook, smartphones, and other technological stuff this last week. And so to go over some business stuff first: I will only be using facebook as a tool to share the gospel. Therefore, I will not be responding to comments, messages, etc. After the mission I will be more than happy to tell you all how cute your wedding pictures are! (Which I did not realize just how many people have gotten married in nine months hahaha) Anyways, I am sooo happy that we have facebook and such now. We can be so creative when it comes to sharing and teaching.

Random stuff from the week: I tried Guatemalan horchata (super yummy), had Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of missionaries, there was a marathon near our apartment, I taught a bunch of teenagers how to play uno, and we are almost finished putting together a giant Disney puzzle we found in our apartment. All in all it was a happy week :) I hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving! I know I say it a lot, but I really am so very grateful for your support and love. I really couldn't do it without y'all. Eat turkey and take a nap!

-Hermanita Clark :)

Ps- We visited a medieval church today. I just happened to be wearing my Gryffindor sweater. I totally felt like I was in Harry Potter hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment