Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A stranger tickled me

I stepped in dog poop for the first time on my mission. I was doing pretty well avoiding it in the streets for nine months. But this time, I was looking at the phone and not watching where I was walking. It was a fresh one, and so I slipped. But, fortunately, thanks to my cat-like reflexes, I didn't fall fown. Almost, though. It was a close one! Haha

Also this week, we were out in the street at a light waiting to cross. Unbeknownst to me, a lady who belongs to the Jehovah's Witnesses came up behind me. She mistook me for one of her friends, and so she sneaks up behind me, pokes me in my sides and says, "Boop!" Let me explain that I am not used to people sneaking up on me here in Spain. I was so scared for a minute there! I turned around, and she's giggling to her heart's content, until she realizes that I am not the person she thought I was. It was so awkward. But so hilarious. When we turned the corner I just busted up laughing.

We have celebrated a lot of birthdays this week. I have eaten so much cake. I love cake. I also love making cake, and decorating cakes. My companion turned 21! Woooo! We celebrated by going to my recent convert's house and having some cake and empanadas. Then we went straight to a baptism at the church. Six people were baptized, all from 3 different areas here in Valencia. It was such a beautiful sight to see. I love being a missionary!

The lady we are teaching from Peru is learning and progressing soooo much! I just love her so much! I don't think I have ever been so excited to teach someone before. For the first time in her life, she is starting to recognize and feel the spirit. Oh, in other news, we got facebook, smartphones, and some other technology things this week! It's really exciting! I will update you all on how that stuff works next week. Let's just say that I feel so blessed to be able to have what we have in this mission!

Well, I'm going to wrap this up for this week! I love you all! I've been thinking a lot this week about what exactly is my purpose here. I've think I've figured it out better. Anyways, be good! Use your head, but don't forget to listen to your heart. Ciao!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- I had to translate part of a meeting yesterday. I think my brain exploded haha

No comments:

Post a Comment