Monday, November 6, 2017

Dad Humor

Have you ever seen the movie Miss Congeniality? You know that one part where all the women have to present their talents? And there is that one woman who sings opera? Well, I heard that opera somg that she sings on the metro this week. Just a little fun fact. Also, on the bus this week, there was a little family playing eye spy. The dad thought he was super funny and said, "Eye spy a car without wheels." The little boy was a wee-bit confused, my companion and I just laughed haha. Dad humor. Also, I learned this week that in Spanish birds don't say tweet tweet, they say pio pio. (Pronounced: pew pew) That just made me think of Star Wars. My mom has always said that I have random thoughts, but I thought y'all might have wanted to hear a few of them from this last week. So there ya go!

This week still wasn't necesarily easy, but it was such an amazing week. We were able to find some really good people to teach. One woman is from Peru! Actually, she's from a city called Cajamarca, which is where I lived while I was in Peru! I definitely don't think that it is a coincidence. She's gonna make us some Papa a la Huancaina! Woooo!

I learned how to chill out this week. Sometimes, we just need to make it through the day, go to sleep, and know that tomorrow is another day. I have never been so tired, but it's a good tired. :) Well, I hope you are all enjoying autumn back home!  I miss the changing colors of the leaves. And just the feel of autumn in Utah. There's an energy about it. Stay safe and keep warm! Love you!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- I hit my halfway mark in the mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment