Monday, June 26, 2017

When it rains, it pours, and it's still hot, but that's okay!

It finally rained!!! We were seriously soooo excited it's ridiculous haha. But then it turns out that when it rains here, that doesn't really mean that it cools down. It's still hot, and the air is heavier than it was before. But it does feel nice while it's raining.

In other news, my little 12-year-old investigator got baptized on Saturday! He is just the sweetest little boy ever! His Mom got baptized in April, and so it was a very special day for her too. I honestly think that her smile was bigger watching her son be baptized, than it was for her baptism. He's a very timid boy, but you could tell that he was really excited. Every time I asked him if he's excited, he would get this timid little half smile and nod his head a bunch. He was so perfect to teach. He remembers everything, and he just knows that it's true. (It's true, all of it. #namethatmovie)

I have some other exciting news...... snow cones exist in Spain!!!!! They are called granizados. My goodness gracious they are just the most beautiful icy creations to ever be eaten. In order to survive the sweltering heat of Barcelona (shout out to the Málaga missionaries who have it worse than we do) we buy granizados at least a few times each week. My favorite flavors are maracuyá (passion fruit), fresa (strawberry), and mango (mango). We have become really good friends with the shop owners of a few different places. They love us haha.

The work is still progressing here. One important thing I have been thinking about lately, is that we need to always have an eternal perspective. People are real people. They have thoughts and feelings just like me. I truly do love the people of Spain. I want them to have happy families that can live together for eternity like mine. I may not see the end results of some of the people I have taught, and that is perfectly okay. I did my part and that's all I can do. But I need to make sure that I do my part, because I don't want to leave my mission with regrets. Work hard, but enjoy the work. Take a break and have a strawberry snow cone. Then get back up and work again. I have always loved some advice that I heard years ago. "You need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." It's so true.

Well, that's all for this week, folks! Love ya all! Os quiero! (Hehe I had to throw in some vosotros for all you Spanish speakers out there hehehe)

-Hermanita Clark

Ps-The sour skittles from America are better

No comments:

Post a Comment