Monday, June 19, 2017

Balcony, Bubbles, and Beer

Top of the mornin to ya! (That is how you say hello in Cockney, which is a British dialect.) I am learning so many different British phrases from my companion. It is sooooo fun! My goal is it be British by the end of this transfer haha.

Anyway, this week was an interesting one, but before we get into that. I have a super fun story for y'all from last week that I forgot about! So it was the end of the day, and we had gotten to piso and were just hanging around with the other hermanas that we live with. And Hermana Anderson had just recently recieved a package from her family, and in it were two big tubes of bubbles (which smell like jelly beans, by the way). Not sure how we got the idea, but we decided to stand on our balcony and blow bubbles down into the street while Hermana Spencer serenaded us on her accordian. Super normal missionary adventures, right? Haha People would just be walking down the street and see these random bubbles. And then they would look up to the night sky and see us blowing them and Hermana Spencer playing her accordian. Haha it was the best! Some people told us that we made their day. And we also got a few invites to go and have a couple of beers, but obviously we're not going to do that hahahaha. By the end, people were out on their roofs listening to us and saying hi. It was seriously just soooo much fun!

But yeah, this week was a burning hot one.  My goodness gracious! Everyday is hotter than the one before. We were told the other day that it was 104° F. We are always sweaty and damp. I can't imagine serving somewhere like Málaga or Puerto Rico or something... I have sooo much respect for those missionaries. So much respect. This week we met with a lot of members so that my companion could get to know them. I am seriously so excited to be working with my companion. She is the best! We are getting so much done and this area is going to be so much better for future missionaries. My companion just knows soooo much. She's amazing!

Well, I need to head out. I love you all so much! I think I learned this week that personal growth often comes in phases. In pieces. We often have moments where we stretch and grow a lot in a short amount of time. And then we plateau or level out for a bit. I want to make sure that I am never declining in my personal growth. Growing is hard, but it is more than worth it. My brother Paul gave me the advice to just remember that I am having a growing and stretching day when it has been a particularily hard day.  I am sooo thankful to be serving in the Spain Barcelona Mission. I have learned so much here. Thank you all so much for your support! Y'all are the best!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps-It has gotten hot enough here that I have taken scissors to one of my dresses and now it has short sleeves! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment