Monday, March 12, 2018

Mexican Soda

Does anyone know what the Mexican drink called Jarritos is? We were in a mall today and I saw a Mexican bar. I was just looking at it, cause you know, I miss my mom's Mexican food. I was looking at the lines of beers and drinks, and I noticed that there were a bunch of Jarritos lined up. Almost crying with excitment, I walked into that bar and bought a guava flavored one. I felt pretty successful and happy. Except, I still haven't been able to drink it because I don't have a bottle opener haha. So, I guess I was half-successful haha.

I was sitting in church yesterday listening to the speaker, and he asked the congregation if we were willing to give our lives for Jesus Christ. It was supposed to be a rhetorical question, but a little girl a few seats down automatically raised her hand high into the air. Those of us around her started giggling at her cute response, but it made me think. How often do we think like this? "Sure, I'll give my life for Christ, but right now I am too busy with work to go to church." "I love my Savior, but I just can't afford to pay a full tithe." "I want to grow spiritually, but I need to finish my essay. So I can't go to the church devotional tonight." I want to be able to instantly raise my hand to offer my service and devotion to the Savior. I don't want to procrasatinate or hesitate. Idleness is a dangerous tool in the world. You feel mildly happy, but aren't really progressing. You're just there. And it's comfy. And it's worthless. Yes, I know that I am a missionary, and "church stuff" is literally my life 24/7. So I guess writing this paragraph here for all to see will help me be committed to it.

Today we just wandered around Barcelona and I really just loved it. I love Barcelona so much, but I have no desire to live the rest of my life in a big city. It's exhausting. But I really do love how I have come to love so many different people and cultures. Being in Spain has changed my life so much. Being a missionary has changed it even more. I just love to help people and serve them. It makes me so happy :) I will miss this one day, but lucky for me, I still have a good chunk of time left!! I love you all so much! Remember to enjoy the little victories. Do the right thing, and be nice to everybody :)

-Hermanita Clark

Ps- I have been walking in the streets without a coat on lately. It feels so good! I love Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment