Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I climbed a waterfall!

We had our preparation day today, because yesterday we had our zone conference. It was amazing! But more about that later. This morning we went a huge garden, forresty area. It was my favorite preparation day! It was soooo nice to just get out of the city and be in nature and smell the trees and fresh air. We spent hours exploring this forrest area that has a little castle, a maze made out of those tall hedges like in Harry Potter, tons of old architecture, and tons of gardens with little winding rivers and waterfalls. It was seriously so much fun.

Yesterday we had our zone conference with Presidente and Hermana Dayton. And let me tell you, they make an amazing couple and team. They get things done! I learned soooo much! A lot of things that are going to help me after my mission as well. Hermana Dayton taught us how to create our own personal mission statement for our life. I started on it last night. I am soooo thankful that I am here in the Spain Barcelona Mission. We have the most amazing and wonderful President and his wife. President Dayton said, "We do the things in life that we really want to do." I always learn so much from them. It makes me excited for life after the mission. I just want to grab life by the reins and take off running! It also makes me want to be a better missionary. More driven and focused. I'm not here to waste my time and the Lord's time. I did not come here to fail. Barcelona isn't a vacation for me. But, if we aren't having fun, we're doing something wrong. We're here on this earth to have joy! And so we need to have fun in the mission life as well. Same goes for all of you! Don't forget to pause for a few minutes and take a breather or just have some fun! Take care of yourself too! I've learned on the mission that we need to be focused, but we need to enjoy ourselves too. Take a moment and buy that icecream. Or stop and sit in the quiet for 10 minutes and just think. I've found that I need to do that here because being in the city all the time and talking with people literally allllll the time stresses me out. Sometimes I just need to be quiet and take a moment. That's perfectly okay.

This week was a good week! We have some baptisms coming up in June! I can't wait! Thank you all soooo much for your love and support! Also, shout out to the Berrett family! Your parents have been great missionaries here, and I will miss seeing them and talking with them, but holy cow they are going to be an amazing couple as the Mission President in Mexico! I have learned so much from them! Well, until next time! Have courage and be kind! (Name that movie!)

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- Spaniards and Latinos know how to party. Has anyone seen the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding? If you have seen that movie, that it what even church parties are like here. Food, people, food, more people, loud music, and oh did I mention food?, and dancing. Seriously though, so much fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment