Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Gizzards and the Gospel

So one thing that I forgot to mention last week, was that for my birthday, the other Hermanas came in mine and Hermana Anderson's bedroom at 12am playing the accordian and signing Happy Birthday. It was just the best! So funny! And then in the morning, they blind-folded me, put a birthday haton me, brought me into the kitchen, sang happy birthday while throwing confetti and balloons. They had decorated the whole kitchen and then fed me cake for breakfast. It was seriously so much fun!

This week was a really good week! We had some slow days when literally nobody would listen to us, but that's okay! We still work hard because we know our purpose :) We also had a baptism on Saturday. We will call her Alice :) She is just the sweetest. She is a daughter of a member, so it's not a "real" baptism for us, but her dad asked to teach her all of the lessons. So we did. She gave me a sticker one day and so I stuck it on the back of my chapa (name-tag).

We are teaching an lady from Nigeria right now. And last week she fed us a food called fu fu. Weirdest food of my life. It is this giant ball of raw dough, and you pinch off a piece with your fingers and dip it in this spicy fish sauce. Then to eat it, you aren't supposed to chew it, you just swallow it whole. It's really weird, but I did it! I was so proud haha But then this week she fed us spicy chicken and gizzards. Hermana Anderson wouldn't eat the gizzards, it grossed her out too much haha. So  guess who got to eat them all? Me! Haha I think I ate at least 8 gizzards. They're pretty chewy. But pretty good. I wouldn't choose to make them for myself, but I could eat them again if I needed to haha.

That is one thing that I love about my area. There is soooo much diveristy. So many people from so many different countries. It's really neat to hear so many different languages everyday. I've also learned a lot about many different religions. Life is so different here, and I really love it, but I do miss the calmness of West Haven back home. I miss the space of the country and being able to see the stars at night. I also miss the fresh air and the smell of cows, actually haha. But I really do love it here and all of the people we meet everyday. I just love missionary work! It is stressful and hard, but there are so many blessings. It's definitely worth doing! Well, I love you all! I'm going to sign off because for our preparation day today, we are going to go and do an escape room! I'm super excited! I will tell you all about it next week! Nos vemos

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps-  people here blow their noses differently. It's kinda funny. Instead of one long, hard blow, they do a bunch of short little blows one after another. It's almost a bit of an ab workout

No comments:

Post a Comment