Monday, August 7, 2017

Shakira, Shakira

I recently discovered that I only live like an hour away from Shakira. You bet your bottom dollar that if she lived if my area, Señorita Shakira would be converted to the Church. It's a good thing that I was already sitting on the floor when Elder Cantos told me how close she lives, cause I would have dropped dead like a feather in a zero-gravity tube.

In other news, today is my six month mark! Wooo! To celebrate, we went to the Sagrada Familia with my district. (A district is a group of missionaries that all serve in a city or small area.) It was so neat to be able to enter. So beautiful. It was interesting to learn about Gaudi and stuff. It's fun to be living in Barcelona!

Yesterday, the youth in the ward all talked about a religious camp they went to last week. I was so proud of them and their growing testimonies. I turned into a ball of tears when one boy talked about how grateful he was for the example of his older sister in serving a mission. It just reminded me when my brother, Cade, was on his mission. I still have a letter from him that he wrote me while he was on his mission in Puerto Rico. I read it on the hard days. I am so grateful for all the examples of my older siblings. I have been blessed with amazing siblings. So a quick shout out to Carrie, Paul, Chad, and Cade! I love you all! And I miss you. I miss talking and laughing. I look up to you all so, so much. Love you!

One other quick thought. Go out and fulfill your dreams. I'm serious. Do it. I'm living mine. Figure out what you want to do, and then do it. Actually do it. If you work hard and put in the effort, you can and will do what you want to do. As my wonderful mission president told me a while ago, "We do the things in life that we really want to do." It's true. No excuses. You have a brain in your head, you can figure it out. Use your brain, but be patient. Success and dreams aren't an overnight process. If you work hard enough, you will eventually get there. I have found that if I am not working very hard, it's because I don't want it badly enough. If I want it, I will do it.

And yep, I think that will wrap it up for this week! As always, I love you all! Be safe!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- The elders have figured out that I can make guacamole Mexicano... #thanksmom

No comments:

Post a Comment