Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Pickled Pigs Feet and Pinterest

I learned how to eat oysters this week. I have never really had seafood before the mission, but I have discovered that I like it a lot! I'm also a fan of sushi too haha. Oh, I can't remember if I already said this, but a member fed us pickled pigs feet. Aparently it is a food from Bolivia. It was very chewy and a little hairy hahaha.

Story time. My companion and I had had a bit of a rough day, and we were walking to the metro to go home. As we were about to walk down the steps into the entrance for the metro, we got spit on. That day had already been hard enough. I've been thinking about how much that little action hurt. How much every little action had hurt that day. And it made me think about Christ. "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men." (1 Nephi 19:9) Christ went through what He did, because He loves us. People have told me that I am naive, young, stupid girl because I believe that Christ died to save me. But no one can convince me that Christ did not die for me, or that Christ does not exist. Because it is something I have discovered and learned for myself. I will die believing in Christ, hoping in Christ, and putting my faith in Christ. It is a feeling that I cannot deny. That I frankly don't even want to deny. Christ is real. You can find His love for you. There is nothing you have done that will make Him stop loving you. Same with our Heavenly Father. He loves you, simply because you are His. You don't have to do anything special. He just loves you.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I sure am enjoying mine! Be good! Love y'all! ¡Os quiero!

-Hermana Clark :)

Ps- I just really love Barcelona. I love wandering down the windy streets and finding little random shops of all types. It's like Etsy or Pinterest in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment