Monday, April 24, 2017

Don't worry, my hair is just falling out

I got to stay in another city for a day this week! I was in Martorell with Hermana Spencer for an intercambio. I loved Martorell! It was so nice to be in the mountains. I didn't realize how much I missed the mountains back home.

So we had another holiday yesterday here in Catalunya. It's called Sant Jordi. So what happens is the men give women roses, and the women give men books. The reason for this is because there is a legend about a men fighting a dragon to save a damsel. And when he kills the dragon, I think it turns into a rose and he gives it to her, or he just gave her a rose or something. Not sure. Also, not sure where the book part of it came from either... but hey! We made use of it as missionaries! We gave out copies of the Book of Mormon! It was actually super fun. For about an hour or so, we went on splits, and so it was just me and our relief society president. That was fun, but really imitidating because I'm still learning Spanish. But if I don't try I'm not going to get anywhere. So we went contacting and gave out some books! The relief society president said that it was nice to get a taste of what us missionaries do everyday. She said that the members need to help more. Hearing that was music to my ears! Missionary work is sooooo much more effective when the members help. Members are vital to missionary work.

I had my first zone conference in the mission. It was amazing! I learned so much. Our conference ended up being 10 hours long. Yes, 10 whole hours haha. I don't know what's normal for most missions, but I loved it! 

To make mission life more exciting, sometimes we try to get onto the roof of buildings. This week we did. But to get onto this one roof, the door was lock, but part of it was missing. So naturally, we decided to just climb through the hole. It sounded like a good idea. But this day I was also in a pencil skirt. I got stuck. But! I also made it through the hole and onto the roof! And instead of helping me, my lovely companion just recorded me struggling. It was actually really funny. We were laughing pretty hard.

Well, I don't have a lot of time to write today. But I'm excited for this coming week! The members know that it's my birthday on Friday, and so they are all planning on feeding me haha. So much food is coming. Today we had our first of seven eating appointments. But it's fine cause South American and Spanish food is amazing! I will let you all know how it goes! Until next time, the Church is true, the book is blue, and I love you!

-Hermana Clark

Ps- the hermanas that I live with have figured out that I don't like my feet being touched. They go to great lengths to touch my feet, including hiding under my bed for 20 or so minutes.

Pss-the water here is bad. We can't drink it, or wash your hair in it very often or it will fall out. My hair is still falling out regardless...

No comments:

Post a Comment